Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Forgiveness By Nishan Fernando

Hi Uncle,
At last it's really nice to hear a PRACTICAL issue :).. Well uncle I do not have the age or the experience in life to advice you or in that sense any of the people mentioned above J. But I do strongly believe that if God can use a donkey to change a person’s life (Numbers 22:28) he can use me a lil more than that..lol J..
Well Uncle in Practical sense it’s really hard to forgive a person who has done such things to us, and it's even hard when they don't realize it and continue to do it. But if we are "Christ's people (1 Peter 2:9), we have to be Christ like people". Forgiving and forgetting the hurt. Definitely it's never an easy task L.. It is hard. Even I'm struggling to forgive some of my friends who have hurt me so much, the very friends who once were my Best Friends L.. It's hard. But the only thing I could do and am doing is praying for them and asking God to give me the courage and the heart to forgive them J. But in all of this, the only thing that we need to do keep in our mind is that we are Christians (I don't like calling it a religion, it's a relationship with Jesus our Lord) and our maturity as Christians. We never can be like Jesus but we have to strive towards being like him J.. If God could forgive us "ALL" (the worst sinners), forgiving “A” person who have hurt us won’t be that hard JJ..
Take it in Prayer. And remember "The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant" (Mathew 18:21-35) JJ..We all struggle in this part of our life but if we are "Christ's people (1 Peter 2:9), we have to be Christ like people" J
God Bless You,
- Nishan

No comments: